Saturday, January 14, 2012

The whirl wind of activity never ends it seems!
 I had an awkward sleep and long trip over to Bangkok and was on such a weird schedule that I ended up being able to sleep at night and wake in the morning right away! Yes! I think the Saki from Narita Airport in Japan helped. ;)
 So after lugging more stuff then I could carry and narrowly missing getting dinged with an over size baggage fee, I made it with all my gear (and a few other peoples) safely and soundly in the craziest city I have ever been to. I hit the ground running so to speak... Bangkok is a wild and smelly place with an amazingly functional balance of organized chaos. I had to jump right away into defending myself against taxi drivers who wanted to rip me off, go around to the busy costume and clothing area for supplies, and try to arrange getting gear for our workshops on Koh Phangan and Koh Samui. It was all mostly a success.Thankfully there were few signs of the flooding where I was. I stayed in the Kao San Rd area, lured by the multiple vegetarian restaurants and began eating right away! Yum!
  I met a few of the other SPARK members in Bangkok and we escaped the crazy city and landed on this beautiful beach with great food, no roads, palm trees and rainstorms. So happy to be here! Taad Tien and the neighboring beaches are an amazing network of meandering paths, bungalows and little restaurants. it is such a sweet way to start the trip!
 Nearly the whole team will meet today to begin planning and rehearsing together, so from here on out it well get quite busy. Within the next two weeks we have to create our show and perform it 2 or 3 times and teach 2 workshops here and on Samui.
  There are some awesome hoopers on the team, some other clowns, jugglers and more coming soon! It is a very eclectic mix of people and I am so excited about this crew and the adventure to come. I am so excited to meet Dawn in Bangkok on our way back up north!
 As soon as I can find a plug for my camera (oops) I will post photos.
Wish us luck and smooth integration as we prepare for our first show on the 20th!

THANK YOU so much for all the support as I prepped for this trip and for the continued support as I continue onward! It was a success! I made my personal savings goal and surpassed my $1000 fundraising goal for Spark Circus!!! It would not have been possible without you!
Much love to all,

Ariel 

No comments:

Post a Comment